Thursday, March 17, 2011

Writer's Workshop

Mama’s Losin’ It

I chose writing prompt #3, possibly because I am in a bad mood right now, and so I am discontent.

"I often daydream about..."

Being independent, i.e. unmarried and unencumbered by the burdens and hardships that come with children and marriage.

Traveling the world, seeing all the places and things I've always wanted to see.  Castles, ruins, beatuiful architecture.  Mountains, oceans...

Being thin...and yet still being able to eat whatever I want.

Feeling beatuiful.

Men that aren't creepy being attracted to me, both physically and for my funny, light-hearted personality.

Being NOT crazy.

Being less emotional.

-----

And yet, in the midst of all of that, I daydream about...

Growing old with Kris

Dying before he does, so I don't have to cope with losing him.

Seeing my kids grow.

Seeing the paths that my kids choose for themselves.

Enjoying my grandchildren.

Going to culinary school.

It's a wonder I get any work done at all with all the day dreaming that I do!!!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how much we hope for the future (or even the next five minutes - like being alone?!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a lovely and honest post ;) I hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about getting work done, I daydream all day long! And I definitely dream about being thinner and eating everything I want.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete