Thursday, March 24, 2011

An old journal entry

It's Thursday again, which means it's time for Mama Kat's writer's workshop.  I was going to write about what I do that drives Kris crazy...but the list is just too long.  I mean, he'll tell you that he only hates it when I crunch...in fact, my first blog on blogger URL was krishatescrunching.blogspot.com.


Mama’s Losin’ It
So, we have this stupid, incredibly annoying gumball tree in our front yard. And those things mass produce themselves daily. I've needed to get out there (Kris hates yardwork and doesn't really have time) and rake the gumballs up, because in the last couple of weeks, it has become a mine field, trying to walk through the yard. Even the driveway was beginning to get covered with those stupid things. So on the way home from school yesterday, I told the kids that they could play outside because it was so nice out. And I said something about mommy getting out there and raking up some of the gum balls.

Katherine [only 5 at the time] then says "I wonder why God put that tree in our yard." And I told her that the tree was probably there long before the house and that really she should be wondering why someone thought it was a good idea to put a house next to a gumball tree. (And don't give me that whole "it provides shade" thing--I'll take the heat over the chaos in my yard). So anyway...she said again that she wondered why God put the tree in our yard and I repeated myself and she said "Well, I wonder why God put trees in people's yards." So again I told her that most of the time the trees were there before the houses. So then she said "But what I want to know is why God put gumballs on the trees." I told her that I had absolutely no idea and that it was a good question and I wondered that myself sometimes.

Then Kaleb chimes in and says "It's just because Jesus can do whatever he wants." It was hilarious! Kaleb went on to say that maybe Evan's dad (Evan is a boy in his class--I may have the name wrong) built the house and that Evan's dad builds everything. So I had a good laugh over the whole conversation. They can be so cute!

1 comment:

  1. i love the cute conversation that ensued! did you tell them what your old journal entry said? :)

    ReplyDelete