Friday, March 11, 2011

A much need mini vacation

We are taking a short, three day trip to see my brother and sister-in-law this weekend.  The kids' spring break starts on Monday.  Even though they are off school today.  I don't understand why they don't just say that spring break is today through next Friday...but whatever...and while we can't be gone the whole week of spring break (what with having to work and all) we will get to spend three days there.  And while I'm talking about spring break...remember when we used to have spring break in April, around Easter?  Or, beyond that, when spring break was actually AFTER SPRING???

So my "vacation" started out with a fire (problem) that needed to be put out.  As we were finishing packing and heading out the door, a potentially VERY bad scenario was unfolding and I was chatting w/a co-worker trying to resolve it.  I ended up spending 2 hours working through it once all was said and done.  And not only did it resolve itself and wind up not being something we did wrong, I got an incredible compliment from the client and felt completely validated and more than competent.

Olivia has already given me plenty of good "content" to write about.  She is giving us a running commentary on the drive.  We had to go downtown to the office to drop some papers off and every street we turned down she said "I see another city!"  I didn't have the heart (or desire) to explain to her that it was all still the SAME city.  After we left the office and headed through downtown further to get to the interstate she started chattering non-stop (as always).  Here is a sampling:

"I think that's China over there!" quickly followed by "Are we in Japan?" promptly followed by "Look Mommy an airport!", as we drove past the train station.  She's so funny sometimes!  Oh and apparently she calls Long John Silvers "Long John Silverware".

No comments:

Post a Comment