Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting...

The past week was a blur of pain and agitation.  Literal pain, and terrible agitation due to it.  I couldn't stand being around Kris, the kids, anyone else.  I couldn't focus on work.  I actually screamed something so horrible at Kaleb today that I hope he forgets.  It was so horrible I am not even going to tell you what it was.  That's how bad it was!!  I felt like the worst parent in the world and I really hope he forgets it as he grows up.

The pain in my neck and shoulders was horrible.  As bad as it has ever been.  Yesterday I want to kill someone.  I would have paid any amount of money yesterday (OK...only the $3 I had on me) for some pain pills!  I finally called the rheumatologist at around 4:30pm yesterday because the pain in my neck and shoulders, shooting down my right arm was practically unbearable.  He called me back an hour later.  He told me that once the pain pills wore off, the pain would "rebound" and so he wasn't going to give me pain medication.  But he told me I could come into the office for injections.  He told me he'd be in the office by 9:15am this morning.  I showed up at 9:15am.  I was seen right away.

He examined my neck/back/shoulders.  Even though I take a muscle relaxer every night now, the muscles are still very tight in the morning and he found the worst trigger points and then injected my neck (C-7), my trapezious muscle on the right side, and the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades, on the right.  He used a combination of Novocaine and Cortisone.  He said the areas would feel numb for about an hour (they *kind* of did) and that the Cortisone would start doing its work tonight or tomorrow hopefully.  I'm skeptical...just because NOTHING has ever worked.  But I've heard good things about Cortisone.  So...there is a glimmer of hope...I'll keep you posted...

Here's the semi-bad news.  The rheumatologist asked me if I go to a dermatologist every year.  My response?  "I never been to a dermatologist."  He told me I should find one because there are several spots on my back that he doesn't "like the color of".  At first it was just one...and then he pointed out two others.  I asked him if they were moles.  He said no.  He said they were spots that concerned him.  Being that I always NEVER get paranoid about everything anything, I promptly found a local dermatologist and told them the situation.  They are seeing me next Wednesday afternoon.  So...we'll see how that goes.  In the meantime, I will try not to obsess about it.  No need to worry, unless there is something to worry about, right?  At least, that's what I'll keep trying to tell myself!!

Oh, and my blood pressure was high.  For the first time in my life.  Not very high, but higher than it should have been (140/95 or something like that-so not really high).  The rheumatologist assured me that it was most likely because of the amount of pain I was in...so I am hoping that was all related too.  I have an appointment to go back in 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment