Sunday, March 6, 2011

I want another day...

...in my weekend.

Yesterday was a crazy, chaotic day.  It felt like a normal work day.  But it was a Saturday.  Saturdays shouldn't be like that.  It's just wrong.  Today was nice, up to a point.  Kris and I went to see "I Am Number Four" this afternoon.  I thought it was entertaining.  It was a bit corny in spots...but I loved Dianna Agron in it.  It was great to see her in something besides Glee and I think she did a great job!  The biggest drawback was the "bad guys".  They just looked and sounded and acted stupid.  But other than that, I liked it.

Katherine has this book of Freaky Facts.  She keeps reading to me out of it and I decided to post some of the things that amused me.

"Cats can spend 16 hours a day sleeping."  Lazy animals.  I knew there was something not quite right about them...Additionally, "When awake, cats spend up to 30 percent of their time grooming."  They're prissy too...

This one is absolutely CREEPY:  "Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have more than one million descendants."  GROSS!

For all the Star Trek geeks out there, "The Bible has been translated into Klingon."

Ludicrous laws:

Florida:  Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. -- it just can't be strapless...

Minnesota:  It is illegal to mock skunks.

Virginia:  All bathtubs must be outside, not in the house.

Milan, Italy:  Citizens can be fined $100 if seen in public without a smile on their face.  Exemptions include time spent visiting patients in hospitals or attending funerals.

Oklahoma:  People who make ugly faces at dogs may be fined and jailed.  --note to self, don't go to Oklahoma.

New York:  It is illegal to do anything against the law.

This one was probably my favorite.  I know this is kind of inappropriate but yes, I'm going to go there.  "Research indicates that plants grow better when they are stroked."  Does anyone else see the humor in this or is it just me and my dirty mind???  My immediate thought is "Most things do..."

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I don't know many things that grow when stroked so. I would say your mind is a little dirty but not as much as the weirdo sitting at home stroking his plant..lol

    ReplyDelete