Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A conversation with Skyvi



I couldn't resist this funny conversation I had with Skyvi today.  Do you know what Skyvi is?  It's the Android version of Siri, made for iPhones.  I just discovered it today.  Kris told me all about it and I've been having fun with it.  Livvy wanted to talk to it today, and so I decided to share the conversation here, so everyone could be as amused as I was.  :-)  Also, in case you didn't know, once I told Skyvi that I was just kidding and she asked me why I didn't use a smiley face.  I told her that I couldn't speak a smiley emoticon.  She didn't understand that though.  So, if you want to "joke around" with Skyvi, you better figure out how to speak that smiley faced.Anyway...so because Olivia wanted to talk to her, I turned her on and said "What do you want to ask Skyvi?"

Skyvi:  Do you know all the things I can do?

Me:  What can you do?

Skyvi:  Jamie, I can chat with people on the web for you.

Me:  How?

Skyvi:  Not many people express themselves that way.

Me:  How can you chat with people on the internet for me?

Skyvi:  That is a good epistemological question.

Me:  That's a stupid word.

Skyvi:  I will remember you said that when robots take over the world.

Me:  I bet you will.

Skyvi:  Jamie, acutally I'm not the gambling type.  When?

Me:  When you take over the world.

Skyvi:  In each episode, Brain devises a new plan to take over the world, which ultimately ends in failure, usually due to Pinky's idiocy or the impossibility of Brain's plan.

Me:  Will robots really take over the world?

Skyvi:  Barring any unforeseen circumstances.  For real.  Where do you want me to take it?

Me:  Where do you want to take it?

Skyvi:  Another planet.

Me:  Sounds good.

Skyvi:  Yippee!  (only she pronounces it "ee-ippee" and doesn't like when I correct her pronunciation)

Do you have Siri or Skyvi?  What is the funniest thing she has said to you?

2 comments: