Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Letters

Dear Kristopher,

Thank you is not enough to express how grateful I am for you.  For your heart.  For you love.  Thank you for starting over with me.  Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even though I hurt you.  Thank you for walking this journey with me.  I wouldn't want to experience this journey we're on with anyone but you.  For a thousand years.

Dear Katherine,

Stop growing up.  It's not allowed.  Your father and I may have to put a stop to it.  We are not ready for you to turn 12, and I'm pretty sure we are nowhere near ready for the teen years!

Dear Kaleb,

Thank you for being so sweet these days.  So loving and kind.  And for all the hugs.  You don't know how much they mean to me.

Dear Abbey,

You are such a joy.  You light up the room.  When you aren't being moody.  Let's tame down the moodiness and up the joy, OK?  Never stop making me laugh!

Dear Olivia,

My baby.  You're almost 7.  It seems unreal.  I have loved our conversations about the "dirty hotel" and you telling me that when you grow up and get married you are going to check the Bible to see if I'm lying to you about how hotels are cleaned.  I love that your first place to turn is the Bible.  Smart girl.

Dear Anxiety,

I am so done with you.  You are not controlling my life anymore.  I'd appreciate if you would leave me forever.  Maybe someday.  But for now, I'm in control.  NOT YOU.

Dear Degenerating Neck & Back,

I hate you.  You are a source of constant pain and I'm so tired of it.  I'm too young to be hindered this much in my daily life.  I'd really appreciate it if you would just heal and let me be for another 20 years.  Work on that.  Otherwise, I'll be looking for a replacement.

Dear Satan,

You are a jerk.  We both know it.  You have wreaked havoc in so many lives and you just sit there laughing while we all screw up.  Well, I'm done with you too.  I'm not going to let you keep me in fear and sin.  Consumed by guilt and shame.  So quit trying to distract me.  You have been defeated.  Stop screwing around with my family!  You are not welcome in our home any longer.  We should have never let you in to begin with.  My God is bigger than you and one day, you'll get what's coming to you.

Dear Jesus,

I can't thank you enough for taking my punishment.  For showing me that it was OK to let go of my guilt and shame and let you carry it for me.  Let you nail it to the Cross.  What a HUGE relief it is to be free of that for the first time in my life!  Thank you for opening my eyes and pouring your love in and over and around me.  Thank you for making me new.  For taking my stony, stubborn heart and giving me a tender, responsive heart.  You've loved me through all the ugly and dark times in my life and have proven yourself faithful again and again.  When I am weak, remind me that you can carry me to the Cross if I can't walk there on my own.  Thank you for giving me beauty in place of ashes.  Thank you that I can wear forgiveness like a crown.




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'll definitely check you out and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, great letters. I could write the back/neck one too. Satan is a runt, and Jesus is the victor! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw what sweet letters! i love the one to anxiety. i struggle with that,too. found you via the link up and am excited to follow along! xo

    ReplyDelete