Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Music That Moves Me - Week 8

I heard a new-to-me song tonight.  I had picked up Gloriana's album from the library, because there was a song I kept hearing-"Kissed You (Good Night)"-on the radio. I loved it from the start and wanted to hear more.  I haven't listened to any of the songs on the album yet except one.  I chose to listen to it because I was curious what the lyrics would be like, based off of the song title.

This song reminds me of the time before I came back home.  I had moved out, for five days.  I've mentioned this before.  I needed time to think.  To choose what direction I wanted to go with my life.  Around day three, Kris had started emailing me.  It was really through his emails that I started to fall in love with him all over again.  Or rather, I began to fall in love with the new Kris.  The one that God had set free from captivity and had set aside just for me.  And it was that day, a Friday, that I realized that I wanted to fight for our marriage.  And this song just reminds me of that day in particular, when I realized that my husband was trying to woo me back.  Thank God he succeeded!  The song is called "Come and Save Me".



Here is "Kissed You", in case you haven't heard it.



I feel like I should have some deep spiritual song to share with you this week, but I really don't.  Perhaps this is me coming down off the "anniversary high", having spent 5 days with just Kris.  All I know is this.

I am one very blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment