Monday, October 11, 2010

Shockingly...I survived



Well...I'm still alive.  The slumber party came and went with little complication.  I felt horrible though.  I was going off of bad information and apparently did NOT invite 4 of the girls in Abbey's class!  AHHH!!!  And just when did I realize this?  Friday.  The 8th.  The day of the slumber party.  Actually, one of those four I found out about on Thursday and managed to get her invited.  That left me worried that maybe there were more I had forgotten.  Yeah.  3 more in fact.  Abbey made several phone calls on Friday, since they were off school, and I sent out emails to the parents I had neglected previously.  I knew of three girls that were coming on Thursday night.  And then?  SEVEN girls showed up.  SEVEN little children that were not my own invaded my home!  How am I still sane?  Well, I suppose it is debatable if I am truly still sane.  Overall though, things went well and we survived.  All I will say is that it is a good thing we only do one of these a year.  Now if only we had 3 boys and 1 girl instead of the other way around, so I could put Kris on the boy sleepovers!  But alas...I do indeed have 3 girls and 1 boy...so all of that drama falls on me!  I will survive.  I will survive.  I will survive!

Here are just a few pictures from our Princess Party.

The faces are blurred, not because these children are criminals but because I wanted to protect their privacy.  :-)  See...there really TEN little girls in my house!
Kat and Abbey being chefs...entertaining our guests.  They made up some game called "Cafe" or something like that...


Kaleb made this for Abbey.  Look...the balloons spell A-B-B-E-Y.
Princess tiaras for my Princess


As you can see, I haven't quite managed to keep my finger off the top corner of the new camera...

Livvy, staying up until 11pm was tuckered out.  Literally within 2 minutes of laying down she was out--glow stick and all...




1 comment: