Friday, October 29, 2010

Need to lose

I'm feeling fat today.  It's probably because I am.  I went to try on jeans today.  Big mistake.  Last fall I lost 20 lbs.  I was diagnosed with Candida and thought "This is it!  I'm finally going to lose this weight."  And I did great, until I hurt my knee, and then had knee surgery, and then stopped eating yeast-free.  And now, here I sit, all the lost weight has been found, and my clothes are fitting too tight again.  I'm pretty frustrated and disappointed with myself.  I know I am the only one to blame.  I just love food so much, dessert especially.  Depriving myself of everything I love is next to impossible.  AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halloween is approaching.  I had grand ideas for the kids and their costumes this year.  There was even going to be an awesome blog post that you all would have adored.  For real.  And then, this weekend became crammed full of too much...and so last minute we fought the crowds at Walmart and purchased costumes for the kids.  Oh, with money we didn't really have.  Great...so no cool blog post this year.  Oh sure, I'll probably post pictures but it just won't be the same as it was going to be.

I don't understand myself.  Sometimes I annoy myself.  I hate simplicity when it comes to reading.  For instance, I can't stand the Twilight books.  Granted, I've only given the first one a shot, but I didn't like it.  Aside from the fact that I HATE vampires and any stories about them, I didn't like the writing.  And now, as I give Nicholas Sparks a second try, I'm just not impressed.  I think it boils down to simplicity.  I need more.  I need depth.  Not just brushing the surface of my emotions.  I think the story line/plot in The Last Song is good, but the writing itself seems shallow.  THIS.IS.JUST.MY.OPINION.  I do not want to read and then re-read a paragraph several times just to get depth.  But there is something so different between the writing styles of Nicholas Sparks and say, Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time series-*awesome*!).  And Sparks, along with too many other authors, annoys me with his simple writing.  I tend to get bored.  And I realize I am just way too critical of authors (this is true for preachers/teachers as well coincidentally)...but well...there it is.

2 comments:

  1. I alway tell myself you need more weight on you in the cooler months just incase you find yourself trapped in a blizzard and then you'll stay warm.;) Althou I live in San Diego, and there has never been a blizzard, but it makes me feel better! I lost about 17 pounds earlier this year(from a low sugar diet), and have slowly put 3 or 4 back on just this month because of all the yummy foods I keep encountering...needing to buckle down again!! And I hear ya about authors and books, I like a book that has some meat to it, and where the characters are well developed. I just read a book that was so flaky and under-developed. I only finished it because I wanted to see what happened to the main character. But still a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... hugs!

    I realized AFTER halloween that I had a great post too.. maybe next year? Oh well...

    Take care!!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete