Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advice from my 10 year old

I've been pretty anxious lately.  Panic attacks are becoming more frequent.  With anxiety comes yelling.  At least, that's how it goes with me.  And Kaleb, as some of you know, pushes my buttons.  He really knows how to get me going and frustrate me.  And when I am weak, he senses it, and maybe he feels out of control because of it and thus his behavior changes.  ANYWAY...all that to confess that once again I yelled at Kaleb tonight.  I was particularly on edge tonight and I'd had enough.  Within a minute of yelling at him, Katherine hands me Kris' old phone.  She'd been back there playing solitaire or something on it.  I'm looking at it and trying to figure out why she has handed it to me.  At first I thought she had just drawn a picture.  Then I started reading it.  She swears that she created the picture for HER.  HOWEVER...I find it awfully convenient that she handed it to me just after I yelled at Kaleb.  Overall, it was great advice but c'mon...like she wasn't trying to send me a little message that said "Mommy, calm down already!"?  It's highly suspect...

2 comments: