Friday, December 10, 2010

The Sing Off

Probably my favorite days during the winter, aside from Thanksgiving and Christmas are the days that The Sing Off comes on Hulu.  All of my favorite shows interfere with my kids' bedtime, so we watch almost everything on Hulu.  Darn you CBS for NOT airing your shows on Hulu!!!!

How many of you watched The Sing Off last year and cheered when Nota won?  I know I did.  I was honestly torn last year.  I LOVED The Beelzebubs!  They were so energetic and extremely fun to watch.  I remember smiling through every episode last year.  The show just made me SO happy!!  But when I thought about who I'd rather hear on a CD, The Beelzebubs or Nota, Nota won hands down.  And if I had to choose a group to win based on being able to SEE them perform, I would have chosen The Beelzebubs.  So, because I knew I wouldn't be able to WATCH The Beelzebubs, I voted for Nota.  And they won!  All because of my votes!  They owe me...

And I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I was when I found out that The Sing Off would be back for a second season.  I've been looking forward to it since I learned about it months ago.  I'm really passionate about this show.  I can't even explain it to you.  It thrills me and brings a smile to my face.  EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

The groups are amazing this year.  I mean, several were great last year, but this year overall, the groups are exceptional.  Though when I saw Nota's performance from last night's episode I realized just why they won.  Because they are incredible.  I had to keep reminding myself that the ONLY instrument they used was their voice!  It was amazing!  And in case you have no clue what I'm talking about, here is the video from their performance last night.  I'm sure at some point this video will be removed from YouTube...so watch it now!



I don't have a favorite yet this season.  It's too early to tell.  I will say I was disappointed that Pitch Slapped went home the first night.  I loved their performance and would have loved to hear them again.  Oh and I LOVED hearing The Whiffenpoofs singing Grace Kelly.  Absolutely amazing!!  My kids LOVE this show too...I'm so thrilled that I can share this with them.  Kaleb even asked us how old he had to be to learn to beat box!!!  I told him he could start learning now...we just have to find someone to teach him.

I LOVE THE SING OFF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment