Saturday, December 11, 2010

One Year Bible For Kids

We have been going through The One Year Bible For Kids devotion book.  It takes about 5 minutes each night.  We read the devotion then the kids take turns leading prayer time.  The kids were all acting goofy tonight, and apparently Kris was too.  He's reading and when he comes to this part:  "Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors God.  They must not slander others or be heavy drinkers."  he turns and looks at me as he emphasizes the heavy drinkers part.  It was really fun.  The kids just started giggling.  You see, it's funny, because I'm NOT a heavy drinker.  I'm barely a drinker at all, especially when I am actively doing Weight Watchers.  What made it even funnier is that in the midst of all their laughing, Livvy who is facing away from me in her little camping chair turns her head and quite loudly and exasperated says "MOMMY!?!"

Later on, giving into the temptation of barely paying attention during devotions like everyone else apparently is, I decide to take my turn.  Apparently this type of thing happens from time to time when they do devotions while I am gone.  Anyway...Kris then read "Slaves must always obey their masters and do their best to please them.  They must not talk back or steal..."  So then I said, "Did you hear that slaves?"  The kids just laughed...they won't think it's so funny tomorrow as they are hauling laundry up and down the steps all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment