Thursday, December 22, 2005

While I was feeding Olivia this morning I found myself looking at Katherine and Kaleb (who are now on Christmas break until January) and thinking "I have FOUR kids. FOUR." That's a lot of kids, isn't it? Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the reality of it all...but most of the time I just move on through life, doing what needs to be done to take care of them. I don't know what I would do without Kris there to help me. I know it is kind of morbid...but I think sometimes about what I would do if something happened to Kris and it was just me and the kids...especially at this young age they at now. I don't know what I would do. I wonder sometimes if I would still be able to function enough to take care of FOUR kids. I'm sure that God would give me the strength...Ok....different subject now.

I'm looking forward to a semi-quiet evening at home...will never be quiet with three toddlers running around and a baby! But it seems like we've been so busy--I really look forward to the nights when Kris and I are home with no where to go and nothing to do.

I'm really excited about Christmas, primarily because I will get to see family on my dad's side, including my grandma. I think I miss her the most, being out here in Missouri. It seems strange, and maybe it isn't, but as I was growing up I never felt close to her--I mean, I loved her and she was my grandma, but I'm not really sure I had any kind of relationship with her. And then after I got married I felt like I was starting to build a relationship with her and my grandpa. And after he died five years ago, each year I feel closer and closer to her. I have no idea what made me go into that...guess because I get to see her this weekend. Anyway, if you're reading this Mamaw--I love you and can't wait to see you!

We had fun Tuesday night opening presents with the kids. Katherine and Abbey were excited, of course...but it was Kaleb that just....I don't know. I can't really describe it. Any mother probably knows what I am talking about (fathers too perhaps)...that really joyous feeling you get when one of your children is the happiest you've seen them. Kaleb was just SO excited. At one point, he pulled some Spiderman toothpaste out of his stocking (Santa wants them to keep their teeth clean--doesn't everyone get toothpaste and toothbrushes??) and started excitedly yelling "Deoderant!!! I got deoderant!!!" Made me wish I had actually bought him some deoderant!!!! And we saved their 'biggest' present for last. When Kaleb opened up the doodle monster he had asked Santa for, he got really excited once again, this time saying excitedly "A doodle monster! I always wanted that!" It was good to see him so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment