Thursday, December 1, 2005

I forgot to comment on the GOOD Weight Watchers week I had over Thanksgiving. I had points left over most days and still had some of my weekly points left over....so I actually lost weight over the holiday! Granted....it was one 1/2 lb. but considering I had gained the week before, I was excited! This week has been good so far too. Had points left over every day and have not used any of my flex points yet. I'm working my way towards a size 10 and the sooner I get there the sooner I can move towards a size 8!! Single digits--now that would be cool! :)

Abbey had a little fit the other day at my weight watchers meeting. She was not behaving well at all the entire morning and was beyond the point of listening to me by the time my meeting started. At the end, she had brought a couple of toys and something happened and her bird fell on the floor. She looked up at me with this glare in her eyes and said "You dropped my bird mommy. Now I mad!" It was funny. I'm not saying it didn't make me mad, because it did, but it was still amusing--the look on her face. She is just like me. She doesn't keep anything in...if she is upset about something...she'll let you know. And if she is still mad, she'll let you know that too! She came upstairs yesterday and said Kaleb took something or did something and then told me that it made her mad. I was impressed, right? So rather than hitting Kaleb or reacting...she came up to express her anger to me. And I said that I was proud of her for coming to me instead of retaliating, and then I told her to stay away from Kaleb if he was being mean to her. So she proceeds to go to the top of the stairs and yells down "You're mean Kaleb!" I in turn yelled her name and she started running....I told her to 'come here' and she went towards the stairs and said "I go tell Kaleb I sorry." So at least she knows right from wrong! She's still a riot to hang out with--but her behavior is starting to wear me down. She's been aggressive and mean and absoultely does not listen. But the last couple of days I have been trying to give her some one on one attention and hopefully that will help. She likes the baby, but I wonder if she doesn't miss the time just she and I had before Olivia was born.

Olivia went to the doctor for her two month check up--got four shots. :( But she is sleeping now and seems ok. She is 11 1/2 lbs now at almost 3 months and still growing.

I have surgery scheduled next week to get my tubes tied. Thursday, December 8th at 8am. In one sense I am excited. Not about the surgery or the recovery, but the prosepct of not having to worry about getting pregnant again because I am NOT ready and don't know if I ever will be again. People keep asking why I am doing it and not Kris. Hmm....well....first of all, it is tough enough taking care of 4 kids by myself with no help (which I am not used to because Kris is so helpful). But the thought of taking care of 5, all alone??? NO WAY! I'm not a good 'nurse'. I could never be one--I'm not the most sympathetic person in the world (when someone directly related to me is sick)--something I hate about myself. So I asked Kris, because on top of that reason, I was feeling uneasy about him doing it--which he would have hated but done for me anyway--I said "Do you want to do it? Honestly?" And he said "no". So I said, "Ok, I'll do it." I don't feel uneasy or have any doubts about the decision that I have made. It's funny now though because every is so used to us having kids and asking if we are having more--now that they know I am getting a tubal ligation, the questions SERIOUSLY have already changed to..."So do you think you'll adopt more?" Kind of makes me laugh.

Anyway...we are having dinner at Cindy's tonight and hopefully I will get a chance to take Olivia up to Metlife to see Patty (my supervisor while I worked there and a good friend). She hasn't seen her yet and it will be good to see some of my 'old' friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment