Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Well, Christmas is over and there is just one more holiday left this year. And THEN maybe I can start tracking points again. It's been so difficult, with all the good FATTENING food! Who wants to just eat 94% fat free popcorn for a meal when there is turkey and ham and all the other goodies to be had. And that's not even considering the fudge and cookies and pecan pie.

We had a good trip to IN...made record time- 3 hours and 45 minutes. Not too bad with 4 kids and one of them being an infant. Of course, some might have a fit--but I fed the baby while we drove. We survived. We are not more likely to have an accident just because the baby is out of her carseat for 10 minutes than we would be if she were in her carseat. I don't do this all the time...but when you have a 4 hour drive ahead of you and 4 small children...well...unless you've tried it yourself...don't judge me! :)

Our van is packed full of the kids' new toys. I'll have to clean the play room to make room for all of them. My mom bought me a bread machine. I'm excited to make some bread with it. I've never made bread before, so it should be interesting. I'm kind of an idiot sometimes though. My mom had bought me some bread mixes, and I was reading the instructions on the back of the box. I thought, "Man this is pretty complex for a bread machine." It seemed to me that there were just too many directions--mixing the stuff, kneading the bread, baking it....I thought it seemed pointless to have a bread maker when you still had to do all that. I could have sworn that a bread machine was supposed to do all that for you. Ok--so I missed the heading that said "Conventional Oven Directions". So there's a little piece of my stupidity for your enjoyment! Boy was I glad to see that the bread machine did in fact do everything that I thought it was supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment