Tuesday, December 20, 2005


Here is Kaleb with his 'girlfriend' Mia. I think he is in love! Everytime I have been at a school function, he says "Take a picture of Mia! Take a picture of Mia!" She's cute isn't she? This was at their Christmas program for KCA. This picture of all four kids Kris and I were pretty pleased with...it would have been even cuter if Olivia had been looking at the camera and smiling too!






I can't seem to sleep. It's 1:00am, but I'm still up. I just spent the last hour working on some document uploads for Xsbid because I couldn't sleep. At least I got another hour of work in. I spent about 4 1/2 hours at the office this evening.

I have a cold, which is now getting worse, turning into some sort of coughing annoyance. I should go and take some medicine so I can sleep. I should have taken it an hour ago...so I could have let it 'kick in' but of course I didn't.

We are going to do "Christmas" tomorrow night with the kids. We have plans on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and then we are leaving Friday to go to IN as soon as Kris gets home...so we decided to open up our Christmas presents tomorrow night. We could wait until Monday morning after we have gotten back from IN, but some of the gifts would make the trip to IN a LOT better, because the kids have some new books for the LeapPads that I am sure will occupy them on our trip. So we will let them open those up as well as the other gifts we got them and Kris and I will exchange gifts with one another too. It's funny that we have never once, since we got married, opened up gifts from each other on Christmas day. Our first Christmas together we were so excited that we opened everything up on Christmas Eve...and ever since then...the two of us just can't wait. Last year the kids opened up gifts on Christmas day I think...but Kris and I exchanged the night before, saying that it would be more fun to just focus on the kids with their gifts. But we will be in Indiana on Christmas day and probably won't get in early enough Sunday night to open gifts then. So tomorrow night it is. I have some presents hidden under my bed--from Santa, of course, that we will wrap up and take to Indiana with us, so the kids don't think that Santa forgot them or can't deliver presents to them if they aren't at home. I never really liked the idea of 'lying' to the kids about Santa...but they get so excited and they really believe he is real, even if you tell them he is not--at least at this age.

Kris told me that Katherine asked him today if Santa was real. He asked her if she wanted the truth and she said yes apparently. Then he told her that "No, he is not real" and she didn't believe him. He asked her if she wanted to believe that Santa was real and she said yes...and we're ok with that. It's fun for them, and what kid out there ever grew up resenting the fact that his/her parents lied to him/her about it? Well...I'm sure there are some people out there....but for the most part, we all loved that aspect of Christmas when we were little and so we will carry on that tradition.

I meant to put some pictures on here earlier...but just didn't get a chance so I will put them on here now and then try to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment