Wednesday, December 14, 2005


My surgery is now over and done with. I think (at least I hope) the worst of the pain is over now. Yesterday was worse than Monday and today has been better than both days. I'm still taking my ibuprofen and other pain pills, but hopefully by tomorrow I won't need those. I think the worst pain is the bruise around my belly button...whenever anything rubs against it, it hurts. But I am glad it is over with, and I am also glad that I had it done.

Here's something kind of funny. After they gave me the anesthesia, they told me they wanted me awake enough to move to the table in the operating room. That's the last thing I remember anyone saying to me before the surgery. It's the last thing I remember at all before waking up. But apparently, my doctor was talking to me and joking around with me before the procedure began. He called me Monday night to see how I was feeling and proceeded to tell me about the conversation that I had with him. This is the part I thought was funny. Apparently he asked me if I was sure I wanted to have the tubal ligation and my immediate response was an emphatic "Yes!" Since I don't remember ever having that conversation I told him "See....I told you I wanted to have it done! I was serious!" Ok, so maybe it is just funny to me.

I really like this Angel Food Ministries thing. I was just looking at January's menu. It's really great because for about half of my grocery money for the next two weeks, I can get more food than I could with the entire amount of grocery money at a regular store. And Kris loves that I can get steaks with it. We never buy steaks because they are so expensive, but the last two months we've bought them. We get our second month food on Saturday. I think it comes with 6 steaks of some sort--thick cut ribeyes maybe. I still have 4 steaks in the freezer from the last pick up. Maybe if I am feeling better this week I will cook the steaks that I have in the freezer still.

I really need to get some work done. With my surgery I am really behind. I am hoping to go in tonight (if the pain is better) or tomorrow night to try to knock out some of the alerts that I need to deal with. I emailed the owner (part-owner I guess) today and discussed them hiring me on as a part-time employee. That would take care of the tax issues (so I don't have to figure it out myself) and also ensure that I am working at least 18 hrs a week, which is the bare minimum we will need to make our bills--with the kids' tuition. Our first payment out of our pocket (the rest had been coming from savings--which is now depleted) will be on January 30, so I've got to get the money together before then. And we still have bills from Christmas that will have to be paid. But I am sure it will all work out. What is the most frustrating is the $800 we had to put on the credit card to cover the van repairs and a couple of other expenses. But it will get paid off and we will not go crazy and spend all kinds of money foolishly because we are down about having to use a credit card--which has been our action in the past.

Kris and I took a picture of ourselves the other day. I never would let anyone take pictures (or at least I tried to avoid it) of me, but I am getting more comfortable with it, now that I am losing some of the weight that I was so embarrased about. When I went in for surgery Monday and they weighed me, I was down 7lbs from the previous week. But now, they filled me with that carbon dioxide or whatever it was so that they could work inside me....so I'm sure that is adding some pounds back on! Oh well...hopefully it will all be out of my system by the time I go to my next Weight Watchers meeting on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment