Saturday, March 13, 2004

The leadership retreat was great. It was good to fellowship with other brothers and sisters and just talk about where the Lord is leading us. Not to mention it was a night to sleep without someone coming into my room 3 times during the night wanting me to turn their music back on! But let's be realistic--I don't go and turn the music back on--I make Kris do it! But it is still ME that the kids decide to wake up first! I really do love my kids but it was nice to be able to wake up this morning and worry only about myself, instead of trying to scrounge up some cereal for the kids.



I had my first experience with the "stations of the Cross" today. We had our retreat at Our Lady of the Snows and they had the stations set up outside. It was interesting to say the least. It was a good reminder of what Christ did, although I have to admit that it was difficult to see such serene and peaceful images of Christ on his way to the Cross and up on the Cross. Having seen "The Passion of the Christ" and the graphic images portrayed, it was hard to see the seriousness of what Christ did through viewing the stations of the Cross. Does that sound bad...it is not what I intended. Basically the Passion struck me in a more real and personal way than the stations of the Cross. But it was good for me to be reminded again of what Christ did for me. It is not something that comes to my mind and is on my heart as often as I want it to be.



I'm a little sad. I had to come straight to work tonight so I haven't seen the kids since yesterday afternoon. All you mothers out there understand! It's always so fun to come home and see the kids for the first time after being gone. You know, you ask "Did you miss mommy" and they say "No." Ha ha--that's not always the case. Now, I won't even see them until tomorrow morning because they will already be in bed when I get home. I'll peek in and look at them while they are sleeping--that is always nice too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment