Thursday, March 25, 2004

I am enjoying a nice game of canasta as I wind down from being at work. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't lost! I got off work at 11:15pm and it was still so beautiful outside. I think it was holding steady in the upper 60's. I love when the weather gets warmer. We can actually open the windows at night and sleep with the fresh air coming in. I love it! It always makes me thankful to God that such things can exist. That's one of those small, simple things for me that is a reminder that God exists and that He is good.



On a sad note, my friend Addie is leaving next weekend for a trip to Europe. I am thrilled for her, but sad that we won't have our weekly ritual of sitting around in our underwear playing playstation--oh wait--that's guys that do that, isn't it?? Don't panic, anyone--we do NOT do that! Our hanging out consists of either going to Target or some other store that our husbands want us to stop shopping at so frequently. I am sure I will survive a couple of weeks without her, but I will really miss her. She had better bring me something back! Ha ha--just kidding Addie if you're reading this! :)



On a happier note, I am leaving next weekend too. Not to go to Europe which would be awesome, but to go to Springfield, IL. What's in Springfield IL?? My friend Beth Cox is there. I get to spend the whole weekend out there with her. I am looking forward to seeing her again. We should have a lot of fun, and NO KIDS!!! Kris will spend the weekend taking care of the kids. I only feel slightly bad because he is also preaching that weekend. But I know he will do just fine. When it comes down to it, we all do what we have to do, don't we? I'm sure I will miss the kids, but probably not enough to regret taking a trip without them.



No comments:

Post a Comment