Monday, March 22, 2004

I went grocery shopping today. I know you're all excited! But that's a good thing for me. It's been a long time since I actually went to the grocery store with a menu planned out and bought only the things I would need for those meals. I spent more than I wanted to, but some things I bought in bulk and that will make groceries for the next few weeks cheaper. Anyway, for the first time in a LONG time the fridge is full and I think I am ready to start cooking again. I've been kind of apathetic towards cooking (and most other things) recently, so it feels good to have some real food and a goal in mind. I'm sure Kris will be thrilled that he will actually get a home cooked meal again.



It's only 10:30pm but I'm rather tired for this time of night. Abbey was up a lot last night--she has a new tooth coming in and so that was bothering her. We didn't figure it out until about 2 hours after we'd been getting up and down with her. But once I put that baby orajel in her mouth she went to sleep and slept until almost 9:30am. If only the actual solution was my first thought!!!



We all went to lunch with Ken (Kris' dad) today. He came in for Brandon's doctor appt. and we went to lunch beforehand. It was good to see him and chat with him. Brandon is preparing to go through chemotherapy in a couple of weeks, so I know that will be stressful time for Cindy and all involved. Extra prayers would be much appreciated! I think it will be hard for Brandon, but he's strong and I know God can bring him through it safely. He will be in the hospital for 5 days, then go back for 2 consecutive weeks for a shot, and then he will spend another 5 days in the hospital for the treatment.



I read something interesting today in 1 Tim. 4:7 & 8 "Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in this life and the next." I just thought that was cool, especially the part about the reward being both in this life and the next. Physical exercise is good, but only benefits us in this life. Spiritual exercise is even better and the rewards will carry on into physical death and the eternal life that follows.



Something else I read this morning struck me. In 1 Tim. 1:12&13 Paul writes "How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve him, even though I used to scoff at the name of Christ." That's me...I spent a lot of time (and at times still fall into this trap) focusing on things other than Christ, and making them such a priority that in a way I was (am) scoffing Christ. And despite that, God has still called me to serve Him, and considers me trustworthy, when my actions have been anything but that. God really is an awesome God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment