Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Going through the motions

I keep hearing this song.  Shocking, right?!?

But check out these lyrics!  I'll provide the video too, of course.  These words seem to really speak to my heart and where I was when God got a hold of me on Good Friday.

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
"What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?"

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
"What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?"

I don't wanna go through the motions
This video was apparently from a documentary Matthew West made.  Watch the whole video-he explains the video and a surgery he had to have on his vocal chords.  I love his message at the end!  It's all about HOPE.

And being transparent.

I believe this is how we should live.  Transparent and full of hope.



Well, I don't know about you, but that song really spurs me to keep plugging away at this chaos called life and keep my eyes on Christ. Give everything that I have.  Everything that I can.  I love this idea of having an all-consuming passion inside of me.  I have felt this passion for five months now and nothing makes you feel more alive than that!

I am saying this a lot, and the words don't do it justice at all, but God is SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment