Thursday, September 13, 2012

My heart

Can a heart be tired?

Because I think that mine is.

My heart is tired.

I've been trying to put words to my gloomy mood all day.

I don't feel depressed.

I don't feel lonely.

I don't feel bored.

But I don't feel buoyant or happy either.

Which isn't always a bad thing.

But it's more than that.

I feel sad and close to tears.

I feel regret.

I feel drained emotionally.

I suspect it has to do with finally writing down part 2 of The Ugly Truth on my marriage blog.  I confronted things in that post that I hadn't thought about before.  And I felt regret and pain.  I also felt liberated, because I DID put the truth into words.

But I think it has left me emotionally tapped out.

And yet, I am still grateful.

And there is still an abundance of hope in my heart.

Yet still, my heart is tired.


Just writing that brings two things to mind.


The first is "turn to Scripture."

So, I suppose I will listen.

Exodus 17:12.
"When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it.  Aaron and Hur held his hands up--one on one side, one on the other--so that his hands remained steady until sunset."

Does anyone want to hold my heart up?

Then, as I think about someone coming beside me and holding my heart, of course a song comes to my mind.  That is the second thing. I do not believe that this is a coincidence.  I think that as I sit here writing and contemplating this tiredness in my heart, God is speaking to me and strengthening me.

And holding my heart.

I love when He does that.


As I was getting ready to post this, two of my friends posted things on Facebook that made me smile and brightened my day, and I can't help but share the joy!





No comments:

Post a Comment