Thursday, September 13, 2012

Are you grateful?

"All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship"

I DO have a reason to sing.

I DO have a reason to worship.

I have a reason to be grateful.

To count my blessings.

I mean, those lyrics alone, the first two lines...

All of my life.

Yeah...there has never been a moment where I can look back, even when I was running, and know that God WASN'T there.  The truth is, even when I didn't want Him, He was there.  Always.

All of my life.

In every season.

First of all...FALL!  Can I get an "Amen!"?  That's the best season but I'm sure that isn't exactly what Hillsong is referring to (or whoever wrote the lyrics).  Every season.  The good.  The bad.  And the ugly.  He has been there.

In every season.

So...here is just a portion of what I am thankful for:

My dear husband.  My best friend.  My lover.  He is my other Rock.  His love is unending.  His desire to FIGHT for our marriage is stronger than anything I've ever seen.  Even in the little things.  When I'm feeling down, and it isn't because I've been a crazy psychotic maniac TO him, he wants to hold me and help me.  He wants to lift my spirits. And when it IS because I've gone all psycho on him, he is so very patient.  I love him so much and I am beyond grateful to be married to him.  Sometimes I look at him now and what I see is hope.  I see love.  I see my heart mirrored in his eyes.

My four funny, smart, amazing kiddos.  Check this out!  Katherine (6th grade) tried out for show choir and made it!  So excited about this!!!  So much better than Glee.  Kaleb (5th grade) is running for Vice President of the student council.  Abbey (4th grade) and Livvy (1st grade) are in the Drama Club, where they belong. Abbey landed the part of Tiny Tim ("Tina") in the Christmas musical (Scrooge...duh...).  I'm so proud of them.  So so proud and so grateful for those little wonders.

I'm thankful to have a roof over my head.  Food on my table.  Creature comforts-TV, phone, computer, Android tablet (that's a new one and didn't cost us any money!!!) .  A job...wait...I don't have one of those...yet...but I am thankful that my husband has a job.  So maybe things are shaky on the job front...but I am still grateful.  We have so much more than so many.  I don't say that in an arrogant manner.  We do not fully realize how blessed we are, here in the U.S.

I'm thankful that God redeemed ME.  That He loves ME.  That He is not done with me yet.  That He healed my marriage and is using us and our story to touch the lives of others.  It's funny--I always wanted to be on the mission field.  I had NO clue that it would ever take THIS shape!

I'm thankful for the ability to write my thoughts.  For the therapy it provides to me.  I recognize this as a gift and I recognize that I have to use the gifts God has given me.  But selfishly, I love the way writing makes me feel.  I love the feeling I get when I have a bunch of tension or sadness or joy built up...and I can sit down and just let it all go.  Not everyone can do that and I am so grateful God gave me that ability.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment