Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sleep would be nice

Tonight is one of those horrible nights where I've been struggling to fall asleep.  At first I felt my mind being attacked by the enemy's arrows.  Kris prayed with me and we listened to a couple of songs. And the enemy had to flee!  Don't you just love that about our amazing God?

So now,  I'm watching Walk the Line because my first choice, While You Were Sleeping, seems to have wandered off.  I love comfort movies!

My baby turns 7 tomorrow...well...today I guess.  I cannot believe how fast time goes by or how blessed I am.  God has been so good to me and my family.  Sometimes I ask God "Why me?"  And do you know what happens next?

I believe God smiles at me affectionately and says "Jamie, I love you.  And I'm not finished with you yet."

And just like that...it's enough.

I pray that from this point on, it always is!

Enough.

On another note, remember that time my hands and fingers were bothering me so much that I wanted to cut all of my fingernails off?  I felt like that again tonight. But this time,  with my hair.  Kris took my idle threats to shave my hair in stride, believing I would never go that far.  But I reminded him that last time, I bit all my fingernails off!

Maybe he will wake up and all my hair will be gone...

For the record, Jerry Lee Lewis was one odd character.  I watched a special on him once.  It made him look extremely creepy.

Seemingly random comments are what you get at almost 2am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment