Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Things only Abbey could say

I can remember, as a child getting in trouble for sitting in the craziest positions, especially at the dinner table.  I always had to have my legs up or hanging over a chair, or folded up in some odd position.  Kris tells me he had the same problem.  But Kris got an award in 8th grade; he thinks it was for something like "101 Ways To Sit".

And to entertain and annoy us, God has blessed us with a child who shows us just what our parents went through with us.





Tonight's conversation is not the first one I've had with Abbey, so when I saw her eating a Pixie Stix while holding one foot in the air, I exasperatedly said:

"Abbey, do you know how to sit like a normal person?"

And did she change how she was sitting?

Yes.

But not without a witty, 'it-could-only-be-Abbey" remark.

She looked at me and saw me sitting on the couch, with my legs stretched straight out on the ottoman.  Without missing a beat she questioned me right back:

"Do YOU know how to sit like a proper lady?  I'm sure THAT'S not how."

I wish everyone was blessed with a child like Abbey.

1 comment:

  1. Only Abbey??? I believe Kat might have come back with something like that. I didn't know you had the same problem sitting as Kris when he was growing up. Something else you two have in common. MIL

    ReplyDelete