Saturday, April 30, 2011

How do you spend your nights?

I am so excited about my night job.  It is so much fun, and the pay isn't bad!  Unfortunately, I can't really be very open on my blog about what I do 5-6 nights out of the month ("facebook me" if you're still curious).  Not for legal reasons.  I'm not selling my body...in case anyone was worried (or interested).  But I'm really excited because this is my best month ever, in 8 years of doing this, and I made almost $1000 this month...and was only gone 5 nights!  I don't know about you, but to me, that's a lot of money!

I'm so much closer to my Evo.  I'm sure you're thinking "An Evo doesn't cost $1000."  Well, technically I only made $913, and I had to buy a new printer and had other expenses that I needed to do my job.  Oh, and I bought some jewelry.  So I have stuff to pay off, but after tithe and taxes...I still might have some "profit"!  Pretty cool!  And next month is looking really great too so I might actually have even MORE profit next month!!!

I know I haven't written consistently.  Because I'm kind of working two jobs now, and I kind of have four kids too.  And I'm so busy that there isn't much funny stuff to tell you.  But I do have a little story for you.  It was really frustrating for me, but I have a feeling you guys will get a good laugh out of it.

Kaleb's third grade class went to the observatory/planetarium Friday night.  Last year, when Kat's class went, Kris had trouble picking her up.  I figured this year would be different.  That it would be better.  Easier somehow.

Kaleb had to be picked up between 9:45 and 10pm.  I got over there around 9:50pm.  Naturally, I parked where all the other cars were.  I got out of my van and headed towards the door.  Well, one of them.  There were at least 10.  I tried the first 3, and all were locked.  I tried a set of six doors. All locked.  Then I walked up to the main entrance of this school where the planetarium is and that door was also locked.

I called the only mother that I had a cell number for.  She said one of the doors was unlocked.  Then she mentioned another mother was there and she would call her.  I actually had the number for that mother, so I sent her a text message.  Oh did I mention yet that I had already been walking around for 20 minutes trying to open any of these doors??  I was getting really frustrated!  The mother finally texted me back and said she was coming to find me.  She finally came out and I told her that NONE of the doors were unlocked.  It was after 10pm at this point, and she started panicking, thinking she wouldn't be able to get back in either!

So we walked over to the door she came out of, and I knew it wasn't going to open.  Because I had tried to open that same door.  And you can guess what happened next.  The freaking door opened!!!!!  So we go to leave and I'm just dumbfounded, because I KNOW I tried to open ALL of the doors.  More than once!

Kaleb then realized he had left his backpack in his friend's van.  And if you know anything about Kaleb, you know we HAD to do everything within our power to get that backpack!  So I texted my friend again and asked her to have the father come out and unlock his van so we could get Kaleb's backpack.  A few minutes later, the father came out of the front door of the building.  Note...this is NOT the same door that the other mother had been able to open.  We got Kaleb's backpack, and I watched the father go back to the front entrance.  And guess what?!?  That door opened too.  WHAT???

I was fuming at this point and just completely perplexed.  I tried ALL the doors.  I SWEAR I DID!!!  They didn't open!  I came home and after telling Kris about it, he just said "Well, maybe you just don't know how to open doors."  Maybe not, jerk.  Maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes don't you think we are all a bit crazy?
    How have you been feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides being really busy and a little stressed, I'm feeling pretty good. Medication will do that. ;-) Without it...well...I'm sure I wouldn't be doing as well! Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete