Sunday, April 24, 2011

St. Louis Weather Update

Some of you know that I live in St. Louis.  I don't know if you have followed any national news at all or heard about the tornados that ripped through the city last night, leaving 700+ homes damaged and the St. Louis Airport closed inedifinitely.  We were blessed and had no damage to our home.  However, there was so much devastation, less than THREE miles from our house.  We live very close to the airport, which was hit hard, as well as Ferguson and Berkley MO.  Our kids go to school in Maryland Heights where the tornados also struck hard.  It really puts things into perspective.

You hear on the news all the time about tornados and other "acts of God" causing destruction and death.  Never before have I heard of tornados going through whole cities, with no fatalities reported.  As far as we know, the injuries reported have been minor.  Several peopl were injured in the airport when the glass started shattering from the windows but even those injuries have not been portrayed as serious.

For me, it's like God has his hand of protection over the entire city of St. Louis.  Through all the damage and destruction, the fact that there were no fatalities or serious injuries is just overwhelming.  I spent a couple of hours today walking through Ferguson taking pictures of the damages.  I *think* you can see these pictures even without a Facebook account or without being my friend.  At least I hope so.  If not, leave your email in the comments and I can email them to you, if you are interested in seeing the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment