Tuesday, January 3, 2006

I feel like it has been a while since I was on here. I guess that's just because so much seems to have happened. New Year's Eve was proceeding like any other evening, when suddenly I started hearing Katherine screaming at the top of her lungs. I ran into the room she was in, to find that she had fallen from the top bunk (at the back--near the wall, not off the front) to the bottom. At first I thought she was just hurting...but then I saw the blood. It seemed like it was everyone! So, having the difficulty I do with these things, I just started screaming. I was able to see that the blood was coming from her chin, but I was scared to look. Someone came with a washcloth and Cindy and Dean kind of took over. I had to just go in the other room. I was a mess. I probably scared her more than the fall did. We weren't sure if we would end up in the emergency room...but once the bleeding stopped they (not me) put a butterfly bandaid on there and she seemed to be ok. She even got up and started playing about a half hour after it happened. So we looked at it yesterday, and it looks like (besides the bruise) she has a cut that is only about 1/4 of an inch long. Katherine was upset....yeah because it hurt....but she was upset because she got blood on grandma's blankets. She seemed more concerned about that than anything else once all was said and done. But she is doing well...and I am doing better! I hate stuff like that. I don't know if I just panic and don't know what to do, or what it is, but I'm very fortunate that someone else has always been there when these things happen. I'm not sure how I would react if I were alone. I would hope that I could deal with it and be calm...but I'm not really sure I would.

So that was the New Year's eve drama. The funny (not ha ha, but more ironic) thing is that probably less than an hour before it happened I was talking to Jenn Reedy about how we made it through a year without any drama on the holidays....referring to the Christmas eve emergency room visit last year when Abbey broke her collar bone. But...I guess I was wrong!

We saw the new year in at Cindy's and then drove home and went to bed. We went to church and then to Cindy's. Kris and I took Katherine and Kaleb to see Chronicles of Narnia. They liked it--they did get scared in a couple of places, as we expected...but for the most part they did well. Yesterday we went out to St. James to see Kris' dad and that was a good visit. I'm glad the holidays are over though. Not because I don't enjoy them...just because I was ready to just get on with some sort of 'normal' schedule. The kids go back to school tomorrow and while it hasn't been horrible having them home, I am ready for it. I think they probably are too...it will probably take a couple of days to get them back on some sort of bedtime schedule though.

I came across a strange site last night. Kris was shutting the refrigerator and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something 'odd'. I told Kris to open the fridge and sure enough, I had seen what I thought I had. Take a look. I can only guess that Abbey was the culprit...but it kind of makes sense when you look at the title of the book. Kris and I were amused. If you can't see what it says, it says "Bear Loves Food." We aren't sure why the book was put there, except to say that because it was about 'food' that according to Abbey was the most logical place for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment