Thursday, January 5, 2006

It's after 11pm. I'm still awake. That's not going to help this whole 'get up at 6:30am' thing I am trying! Olivia pretends she is asleep...and then when you lay her down....she conveniently wakes up. Grr....so, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking she will stay asleep, while I am praying at the same time she will. Do those cancel one another out?

Abbey has been without her little blanket for almost a month. She left it at Kat and Jason's house when I had my tubal and we never got it back. Well, tonight she went over there--well, Kris took them over there; she didn't go on her own. And while there, apparently she saw her blanket and started saying "My blankie, my blankie!" Then she hugged it and said "I love my blankie!" Well, I'm not sure that is exactly how it happened (that's how I picture it in my mind)....because I wasn't there....but if it is incorrect....it's got to be close. Anyway, that made me feel really good because I made each of the kids these blankets when they were little. And it's nothing fancy. A piece of material with some light weight batting in it...and some pretty crooked stitching. But Abbey, ever since she was little (guess she's still little) carries that thing around and used to 'need' it to go to sleep. Well...when we left it at Jason and Kat's....she didn't have too much of a rough time without it, which saddened me a little but was nice because at least she wasn't screaming for it every night. But it made me feel good...happy....that she was so excited to reunite with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment