Friday, January 6, 2006

Abbey is playing with these little dishes that Ken and Melanie actually got for Olivia, but I let her open them because Olivia is way too little. So anyway, I was sitting in the living room and Abbey kept bringing me something to drink. Finally, she brought me some milk and I asked her to put some strawberry syrup in it. She said, very matter-of-fact, "I don't have strawberry syrup." I said ok and then she asked if I wanted food. She was holding a fork and spoon and plate, so I reached for it, and kind of in a sing-song voice she said "Not yet!" Then she said "I need to cook it Mommy. I need to cut the turkey." Then she sat down with the plate and knife and started saying "Cut cut cut. Cut cut cut. Cut cut cut." Then she brought it to me to eat and I took a couple of bites then she shoved the cup in my face and asked if I needed a drink. So I took one then told her I was done and handed her the plate back. She looked at the plate and said I had to eat something--whatever it was that was left on the plate. I couldn't understand what she was telling me to eat, but she stuck the fork up to my mouth so I finished it. Then she went off happily saying "Now I wash dishes." And off she went to her sink (the other couch) saying "Wash wash wash. Wash wash wash."

No comments:

Post a Comment