Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Abbey is funny, which I say over and over again. She's been using phrases like "How 'bout this" and "How 'bout that" recently. Like she will say, "How 'bout I get dressed?" "How 'bout I go outside?" So this morning, she added a new phrase. I decided that today was the day I was going to be disciplined about potty training (which didn't last long because she is sick and I keep having to change diapers--after going through 2 pullups in 20 minutes I went to the diapers). Anyway....
So I was having her try to go potty and she took her jammies off and so I felt her diaper because a lot of times she has gone right before I take her diaper off. When I felt it, I could tell she had just gone, so I asked her if she had gone pee in her diaper and at first she didn't answer me so I asked her again and told her she needed to tell me if she went potty. She said very matter-of-fact, "I guess so". It was weird but funny. And then she got up there and tried to go and said "How 'bout I try later." She's three and half the time she uses phrases that I use and it's funny to hear.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. I am so glad that you can see the great joy in all the things that your Abbey does. I often forget to.

    ReplyDelete