Monday, January 16, 2006

Funny Abbey story. I'm not sure where she heard it, but we were getting ready to go outside today and I got her all ready then took her to the door and she went outside. She suddenly turned to me and said "This is my lucky day!" I just laughed and she went merrily along. So she came inside a little while later with a piece of paper and said "A present for me. This my lucky day!" Apparently some kid had dropped some homework paper and she found it and thought that it was a present for her, because after all, this is her lucky day! It was so cute.

Kaleb is so sweet with Olivia. He loves to hold her and be around her, but not (for the most part) in the annoying grabby way that the others are. And today he keeps asking to hold her and I've been trying to do this or that, so he's only been able to hold her once. So I was in the living room earlier in my pink chair (which I absolutely love and hope I never have to get rid of), and I was holding Olivia. Kaleb comes up to me and says, "Mommy I can hold Olivia if you need to go and do something." Made me smile.

Olivia is sick...this cold of hers is NOT fun...I'm sure it's not fun for her either. She's been better today though...kind of fussy but not as bad as yesterday. She didn't have a great night, but it could have (and has been) worse. We bought her a new walker the other day which she really enjoys when she is in a good mood. Right now she is just laying on the floor, kicking her feet and cooing.

Well, it seems like I should put something in here about Katherine....since the others are mentioned. Hmm....well...to get out of a nap today she volunteered to clean Abbey's room. That was interesting, not to mention clever. So the others thought they would make the same offer...a few minutes later Katherine came to me and said the others weren't helping. But she was just in there cleaning away. It's still not clean, of course...but it's better than it was. Also...at KCA she was the Kingdom Kid a couple of weeks ago...so they put a little 'blurb' about her in their little newsletter. It was your normal average everyday stuff...she likes to color and play....and then at the end....something strange. Something to the effect of: "Katherine even started a small group to pick up trash at recess. She hates littering!" How cool is that??

My Italian Herb bread is done baking now...so I'd better finish up dinner. I love baking bread....my house smells REALLY good!

No comments:

Post a Comment