Thursday, January 5, 2006

If you are trying to become a morning person, does it count if you get up at 7am but then take a nap at 10am? Kris was preaching at North County Christian School today so I took Kat and Kaleb to school, then came back so he could go over there. So, I was up early...and it didn't help that Olivia didn't go to sleep until after midnight and then woke up at 2:15, needed to eat at 3am and then didn't go back to sleep until almost 4am. And I actually got a few things accomplished this morning before the little nap. Let's see....
Fed Abbey (that's always a good thing) and I ate breakfast. Also fed Olivia and got her back to sleep.
Changed Abbey's diaper and got her and Olivia dressed. In case anyone wonders...yes I changed Olivia's too!
Spent about 30 minutes praying--which is huge since I rarely do that!! It's time to get back on track! "Blogging" my prayers is really helpful to me...it's like journaling, except online, so I just created my own blog for it and two days in a row (I know it's pitiful) I've gotten on there to 'pray'.
I've done 3 loads of laundry.
Read 3 books to Abbey and helped her play on her leappad.

So, I guess that's not too bad before 10am. So anyway, I was going to just 'rest' in the pink chair with Abbey while she watched cartoons....but she kept asking me things and she's so hard to understand sometimes! So I decided I would lay in my bed, which I did....and I was able to 'doze' in between Abbey going back and forth asking me this and that. So...all that to say, I feel much better...not so sluggish...and am ready to tackle the rest of the day. So, can I still say I was a 'morning person' today? :)

Feels good to get back on track with Weight Watchers too. Holidays are over--no more excuses. I had actually expected and accepted that I would gain a few pounds, but as it turns out...I lost 2. Weird. I really did not eat according to the 'plan' and I ate WAY too much sweet GOOD stuff. But I'm not complaining!

One funny, if not a little crude, story. So one of my brothers got the guys in the family this "Anti Monkey Butt Powder"....apparently it is supposed to absorb sweat and fight friction. I know...sorry. I wouldn't even have mentioned it, except that Abbey was in my room this morning and this was sitting on Kris' nightstand. At first I wasn't sure what she was saying and once I was able to figure it out, I realized she was saying "I want my butt be red." Just like the monkey on the label. Now, why she would want her butt to be red I don't know...but it was definitely an interesting comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment