Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ahh...payday. If only the money were not already spent! I swear, every payday you think "I can finally catch up" only to find that you have already borrowed from the newest check to make up for overspending the last pay period. Today is the day that every business is supposed to have all your tax information out to you. I am still waiting on two or three items...which I highly doubt will be in today's mail. But hopefully I am wrong. That wouldn't be so bad! :) We need our tax return. And we need it ASAP!!! We've got some debt to pay off from fixing our van in December and of course that consumeristic holiday called Christmas! Every year I think, "I want my kids to remember family and time spent together" and every year, in the last two weeks before Christmas, there are so many THINGS I want them to have. And really, for the kids' we didn't really go crazy. On each other however, that is a different story. And Kris has expensive tastes. He's all about quality. I'm all about quantity. You don't have to get me something expensive...just get me a bunch of cheap things! :) I guess we balance each other out that way, although because Kris' tastes are expensive, he carries that over in gifts that he wants me to have. Oh well.

We are still waiting patiently to see how God will provide for the kids to go to KCA next fall. $6000 doesn't magically appear on your doorstep, but God does make a way! And we believe that he wants them at KCA, so we are trusting that when the time is right, he will show us what he has in store. I personally am praying that Kris' bosses will be led to give him a raise that will cover tuition. In May, because Abbey will be going, in order for me to pay tuition with my job, I would need to be working at least 30 hours and I don't want to do that and I am pretty sure that God would rather me be home with the girls more. So we will wait. And we will see. And I will come back when the prayer has been answered and report!

I cleaned up the basement today. I know--exciting! Kris and the kids worked on the playroom last night and I went down there today and finished up. We are trying to get the house in order for our annual Super Bowl party. I'm very excited about it! Hopefully a lot of people will come and everyone will have a good time. Anyone reading this that lives nearby (and anyone that doesn't I suppose) please feel free to join us on Sunday at 4:30-whenever. Dinner is provided, thanks to some delicious BBQ beef from Sam's!

I'm trying a new recipe tonight. Kris got me this program last year called Big Oven...where you can file and collect recipes and all that and I just now paid for it and installed it! I am making Creamy Italian Chicken. Sounds good, and simple. For anyone who is interested:

Creamy Italian Chicken

Yields: 4 Servings posted as 157900

Ingredients
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1 pkg. Cream cheese (8oz) softened
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
1 can Mushroom and peices drained (which I am choosing to leave out!)

Instructions:
Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms.
Pour over chicken. Cook one hour longer, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice or pasta.

Now I was wondering if it was some sort of copyright to put that on here, and if it is...hmm...well...sorry. I do know that the recipe is available at www.bigoven.com just in case I'm not supposed to have this on here.

Time to see why Olivia is crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment