Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A story from Katherine

Katherine is SO much like me. Sometimes it is scary.  Other times, it's pretty awesome.  She's witty and sarcastic, and most of the time, I love this about her.   She also loves to laugh about the funny things that Abbey or Olivia say and do.  As soon as she got in the van today after school, she said "I need to write down what Olivia did today before I forget."  I said "Write it down now and then tell me about it, so you don't forget."

When we got home, after finishing her "story" on paper, Katherine handed a paper to me, detailing an encounter she had at school today with Olivia.  The following is Katherine's story.

Today, the kindergartners were running and my class had to help them and make sure they didn't cut through the middle of the soccer field.  I was running with Olivia.  The first lap when we were just walking, we only ran about a quarter of the field when Olivia asked "Why can't we just go that way?" and pointed to the middle of the field where she would've cut through.  Then when we got a little bit further she picked up a feather.  I told her it could have rabies and make her sick.  When she refused, I snatched it out of her hand and threw it on the ground.  Then she ran back and picked it up.  I told her again that it could have diseases and snatched it away from her again.  She gave up and said, "Aww...it reminded me of a blue butterfly" when it was a grey and white feather.  We walked a little more and she said her legs hurt.  Then she saw some boys coming and said "Ahh!  Boys!  Run!" and started running.

---

Things I find amusing:

Olivia wanted to cut through the very soccer field the fifth graders were trying to prevent them from cutting through.
The feather that reminded Olivia of a blue butterfly was really just a grey and white feather.
Olivia said her legs hurt - she ALWAYS says this whenever we go more than, oh, 10 feet.
That Katherine remembered and wrote down this story for me, because she knew how much I would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment