Friday, September 2, 2011

The house that wouldn't clean

I'm sitting here...willing my house to clean itself. No amount of kinetic energy or strong desire is working. I fear that it may be up to me to take charge and do it myself. I'm very disappointed in you, house. I thought you were like a child. When left unsupervised, as you have been for four years, I expected you to get distracted. But now, as I am watching you, urging you to straighten up and put things away, you are refusing to cooperate. Don't you understand that I want to go into the weekend with a clean house? Why are you being so stubborn? Must I do all the work?

Ok seriously stay/work-at-home moms...how do you find the motivation? I was able to force myself last night to clean the kitchen, but not to the extent of organizing the refrigerator  or the cabinets which needs to be done. And still I sit here, staring, NAY...glaring at the living room floor completely covered with anything and everything, including baskets of perfectly clean yet very wrinkled laundry, and I'm overwhelmed. I don't know where to begin.

I know if I just light my autumn walk candle and turn the music up loud and just get started, it'll get done...but alas...I just can't seem to make myself do it. Does anyone else experience this or am I just lazy?

Why can't I be anal about this, like I was with my job?

1 comment: