Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lazy Sunday

It's Sunday morning.  We have an hour before we need to be at church, so I'm just enjoying some time being lazy while the kids watch some lame kids' show on Netflix.  I took away all electronics (again) except TV.  They drive me crazy always wanting to play the Wii, or Playstation, or computer.  I'm about to get on another kick where they are deprived for an entire week, because I am so tired of hearing someone ask every other second if they can play on the computer or other device.

I made this really simple and delicious recipe in the crock pot yesterday.  All you have to do is take one can of cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery, and cream of chicken and combine it with 1-2 cups instant rice.  Then you put 4-6 chicken breasts on top and cook it for 3-4 hours on high.  It was great!  Though the rice/soup mixture reminded me more of stuffing.  But I didn't mind that.  I thought it was really good.  I sprinkled some lemon pepper on the chicken just to add a little extra flavor and next time, will probably sprinkle some salt on too...but it would've been good without that too.  It sure was a lot easier than stuffed chicken, and tasted VERY similar.  So if you're looking for a quick and simple (and GOOD) crock pot meal...there you go.  You're welcome.

Kris and I played in a Bridge 199er tournament yesterday.  That simply means that everyone we played against had under 199 Master Points.  Kris and I, until yesterday, had 2 WHOLE Master Points.  But, we played REALLY well yesterday, and scored in first place in all three flights, in our section.  We wound up earning 1.14 Master Points.  That's a pretty large amount to earn at one time.  I am sure it doesn't seem like much to you...but we were thrilled!  I still don't understand why people are so intimidated by the game.  Jennifer, I'm talking to you.  We're just alike.  You would LIKE the game, perhaps even LOVE the game, if you would let me teach you how to play!!!

I wanted to thank everyone who has called/emailed the city of Eureka to try to help put the crosses back. If you don't know what I am talking about, you can check it out here and help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment