Friday, September 9, 2011

BOOKS

Now that I am home and find myself with a little more time on my hands, I realized that I could read actual books again, along with listening to them.  Right now, while I am waiting for the last book in The Wheel of Time Series to be completed, I have started the Pendragon Cycle with Kris, by Stephen Lawhead.  These books are in the "fantasy" category - but are semi-hisotrical, and based on the legend of Arthur.

There are five books in the series:

Taliesin
Merlin
Arthur
Pendragon
Grail

*Avalon (not a true member of the cycle-more like a sequel to the series)

I finished Taliesin, and have moved on to Merlin, and am 1/3 of the way through it.  Since starting Merlin on Tuesday and realizing how much I could "listen" to, it prompted a trip to the library.

So far, I have started "Something Borrowed" (because I loved the movie and it is due back in one week, vs. two, since it's "new").  I also have Jodi Picoult's "Sing You Home" and Sara Gruen's "Water For Elephants".  We'll see if I make it through all three in the next 2 weeks.  Along with finishing Merlin.  I figure I will keep listening to Merlin while I am driving places or cleaning and read the others when I am home.

What are you currently reading?  What is your favorite book (or three) of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment