Friday, May 27, 2011

Did that just happen?

Pay close attention.  There will be a question at the end that needs answered.

This afternoon, while on the phone, I went outside to get my jacket out of the van.  It may be irrelevant, but I was wearing jeans, a plain green t-shirt, tennis shoes, no makeup and my hair is in a pony tail.  This black SUV came down the street in front of my house.  I've seen cars similar to this, and when he waved, I just assumed it was a neighbor, so I smiled politely and waved back. Then I went back to my phone conversation.  

A few minutes later the SUV came back the opposite direction, driving slowly.  As it passed my driveway it slowed even more, and then stopped completely in front of my house.  He had a passenger now, who had his window down.  The passenger looked at me and said "You got a man?  Where your man?"  I was taken aback but trying to think quickly (because maybe this guy is going to try to kill me...) I said "On his way home."  The guy looked disappointed and then they drove away.

Here is the question:

A.  Was he hitting on me?  Or asking that because the driver who waved at me originally was interested in my sloppy mess of a self?

B.  Were they casing the joint, trying to find out if there was a man of the house to determine if they could possibly come back and kill my family, and then kidnap and rape me?

This has never happened to me before.  Your thoughts are welcome.  

1 comment: