Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random updates

Work is slow.  Too slow.  Slow enough that the owners may be taking a pay cut.  It is worrisome, since Kris is one of those owners.  I don't know what we will do or how we will make it through, but the hope/prayer is that the decrease will not be long-term.  The easiest thing to do to recover the loss would be to pull the kids out of private school.  However, this is NOT an option.  We worked too hard to get them back there.

The kids are almost done with school for the year.  I had NO clue how we will manage this summer.  My mother-in-law has graciously agreed to watch them as often as she can.  She can't watch them on Wednesdays, so Kris and I are going to have to figure something out, since our presence is needed in the office daily.  With what I consider to be a HUGE pay cut coming, paying someone to watch the kids will be problematic...

I still love bacon.

I'm still crazy (in case there was any doubt).

I still don't have my beloved Evo.  Soon...very soon.  I hope.  Though with the upcoming income changes...we'll see...I may need to be contributing most, if not all, of my additional income just to make the bills.

I don't have a lot of time to write, and when I think to write, it is when I am utterly exhausted at night or at work.  I'm not telling you which of those times I choose to write.  ;-)

I am still going through the laser hair removal treatments.  I have had two now.  My third is on June 6th.  I was told that I wouldn't notice a big difference until after the third.  However, I have noticed a difference, because the hair is growing much slower and is much less noticeable.  I am glad I made the decision to go through with it, and if you are self-conscious about something that this will fix, and you can afford it, I highly recommend it! It has given me one less thing to obsess about!

I have found the dearest friend in Jennifer (you know who you are).  When you go for years not connecting with another woman, someone you can tell your whole heart to and know that woman to woman, they understand, it is invigorating and incredible to find a kindred spirit.  We're bosom friends, like Anne and Diana.  And I just wanted to give a shout out, because it brings me great joy to have found her.

I think that about sums it up for now.  I have a busy week ahead, but hopefully I can sneak in some writing.  I never did get a chance to show you the card the kids got me for Mother's Day.  So I will try to do that soon, and also, I will have to geek out for a bit over a bridge tournament we competed in on Saturday night.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment