Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seriously Steak 'n Shake?

So, I was at Steak 'n Shake tonight.  And I had to pee.  Yup.  I said pee.  If I were speaking to you, I wouldn't say "I had to use the facilities" or "Gotta go potty".  So, what you see is what you get.  Or something like that.

There were two stalls in there.  One of them was roughly the size of table with seats for 6.  How did I come up with that comparison?  I was looking around my house, trying to think of something to compare it to...and I see my table that seats six.  Simple logic.

The other stall, however, was...well...it was small.  And by small, I mean TINY.  I stood there staring at it for a few minutes...trying to contemplate how one would go about even shutting the door.  Getting in is no problem.  If you want to pee with the door wide open, for all the world to see.  As you will see...there are literally just inches (maybe one or two) between the door and the toilet seat.  And to the right, there is the large, round toilet paper dispenser.  And trust me when I tell you that this picture is deceptive.  The space on the right LOOKS a little bigger than it is.  I totally could not have fit between the toilet and wall.  Yes, I know I'm a big girl...(feel free to pause and enjoy the video before continuing on...)



...but I'm pretty sure my 10 year old couldn't fit between the toilet and the wall, especially with the toilet paper dispenser right there.  So I came to the conclusion that the only possible way to get into the bathroom and accomplish shutting the door would be to climb up on the toilet seat and then turn around and shut the door.  You would then, of course, have to exit the same way.


Needless to say, I used the table-sized stall.

And since I'm feeling generous, I'd like to take this moment to make you laugh.  Are you ready?  Tonight I watched this girl at Steak 'n Shake make a complete fool of herself.  Moron.  Idiot.  She really was.  As she was exiting the restaurant she went to open the door.  Even though it clearly said LLUP (pretend those letters are inverted because my keyboard won't make them go the other way), she must have read it PULL and proceeded to PULL the door open.  Only it wouldn't open.  Because the idiot read the word backwards and the PULL only applies to the people on the outside, who know how to read left to right, and not right to left.  She must have had a REALLY long day.

Yes, that idiot was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment