Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A new phase in life?

Things are changing.  In a good way.  At least temporarily.

I begged and pleaded with Kris that if we were going to take a pay cut that he let ME absorb it and drop my hours/salary at work.  I could work less hours at our company, work more on my side business that I can't mention in my blog (which is going REALLY well by the way!!) and spend more time with the kids.  What?  Me wanting to spend more time with them?  Well, yeah.  It's true.  I'm tired of feeling so rushed and like life is so chaotic we would just pick them up, eat dinner and put them in bed.  So, I am now off on Wednesdays!  :-)  And my other days will average about 7 hours and at least the pay cut will have some sort of benefit!  I'm pretty excited about it.  I love that I have that flexibility and my hope is that as business picks up (PLEASE GOD!), that instead of me having to shift back to full-time we will be in a position where someone else can take my place.  Kris doesn't want to lose me as an employee (I'm pretty valuable) but I don't want to be doing this day job long term.  So, that's the hope.  Time will tell.  But for now, I'm looking forward to this short-term-for-now change!

1 comment: