Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Last night Katherine was awake after the others went to sleep. Kris had let her have a book in bed and I heard her in there trying to apply what she has been learning at school. So, she was in there reading some of the blends and trying to sound out the words, all by herself with no one around. She loves reading, even though she isn't technically reading yet. But she can spell most three letter words you give her to spell. It's awesome to watch her learn.

I went to Kris' office last night to get some work done. They had been having problems for about 5 days so I couldn't do anything...which means no money was made! But I'm back on it now and have plenty to do. I hope to get more done from home today.

All the kids are sick--well, they have colds. I heard Katherine coughing all night. Abbey's got the disgusting runny nose that causes her hair to stick to her face constantly! Kaleb has a sore throat and cough, but he refuses to take the liquid cough/cold medicine. The only medicine I can get him to take willingly are those Tylenol meltaways. Well, they help with fever, which he doesn't have. I have to literally force him to swallow the other stuff and it's just not worth the fight. Kris gets frustrated with him, thinking he is just being stubborn....but I understand Kaleb in that all too well. I hated taking medicine, still do. I could not and still cannot handle swallowing the liquid cough medicine. It makes me gag and want to throw up. But there isn't any kind of pill for kids that I can give him...plus how do you teach a four year old how to swallow a pill? Poor kid. It was frustrating when he kept spitting the medicine back out over and over again...but I felt bad for him because I knew exactly what he was going through.

How is it that when you start working, your paychecks are spent long before you get them? I got paid yesterday and of the $174, I only have $30. I would've had $70 but we bought some books from Scholastic for the kids for Christmas (which Cindy already paid for) and I still owed Cindy money for Abbey's dollhouse we chipped in for, for her birthday. Oh well. That's actually not bad, the $30, considering Kris gets paid again next Tuesday and hopefully I'll get a lot done so my next check will be pretty significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment