Friday, May 25, 2012

Music That Moves Me - Week 7

I haven't posted any music in like...2 days!  But the Dani Shay video doesn't count, as that was just a fun post, and not part of the Music That Moves Me series.  And the day before that was Alice Cooper, so it doesn't count either.

God's so cool sometimes.  Well, all the time.  But I love when He gives me little gifts.  Like, right at this very moment. Last week, at stories, we sang this song that I had never heard, by Mercyme.  I kept meaning to look it up, because the lyrics just really spoke to me, and it was a beautiful song.  As I was sitting here trying to remember part of the lyrics (I've had Pandora playing for all of five minutes), the very song I wanted to remember came on.  I consider that a gift from God.  A demonstration of "The Love of God", which happens to be the name of this song.  I'm sitting here with a grin on my face, so comforted and knowing that I am loved.  God gave that to me, at just the right moment.  Awesome huh?  So, that is the first song for the night.  And what I love so much about this song is the comparison to writing; because, as you may have noticed, I like to write.  And so this song just really spoke to me and I was screaming "Yes, yes yes!" on the inside as this song played last week.



I absolutely LOVE that song!!  And I love that God orchestrated it to play right when I was trying to think of what it was!

This next song...wow.  I can't put it into words.  You'll just have to listen to it.  It addresses all those questions we ask.  It speaks to those broken places in our heart.  Our doubts.  Our insecurities.  "Jesus, help me believe that I am someone worth dying for."  Don't we all want to believe that???



For so long, this is what my broken heart was crying out to understand:

"I know you've heard the truth that God has set you free
But you think you're the one that Grace could never reach
So you just keep asking, oh what everybody's asking
Am I more than flesh and bone?
Am I really something beautiful?
Yeah I wanna believe, I wanna believe
I'm not just some wandering soul, that you don't see and you don't know
Yeah I wanna believe
Jesus help me believe that I am someone worth dying for.
You're worth it
You can't earn it
Yeah the Cross has proven
That you're sacred
And blameless
Your life has purpose!"

This next song speaks about hope. About starting a new day.  Hanging on, just a day or two longer, until the sun breaks through the clouds.



You see what happens when I don't post about music that move me for a while?  You get four songs.  This is the last one.  For this post anyway.  It's called "Be Still" by Storyside:B.




YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment