Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Music That Moves Me - Week 6

Before I get to the music, Satan is still battling for my family.  Kaleb was just in here, crying and very upset.  Something about how kids at school talk about seeing angels and demons and he was really afraid that he would see a demon.  So we talked to him for a bit, then I showed him my verses that I read when I'm feeling afraid or anxious, and then we prayed them over him.  It seemed to have calmed him down and he is back in bed now.  Hey Satan, you idiot!  Get out of my house!!!

I kept hearing two specific songs this past week and thought I'd share them, since they seem to be dominating what I hear lately.

The first is The Hurt and The Healer by MercyMe.  Profound lyrics.





The second, I just really, really love.  We are ALL sinners. None of us are worthy of God's love and what Christ did on that Cross.  But he died for us anyway.  And no matter where you are at, Jesus is your friend.  Reminds me of Livvy walking around singing simply tonight "I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God.  He calls me friend."  If my six year old can understand that Jesus calls her friend, so can you!


1 comment: