Tuesday, April 6, 2004

It has been a little while since I've been on here. Things have been really busy. This week, though, it seems that they are slowing down for a little bit. I went to Chicago this weekend with Beth Cox. It was fun. We just drove out, got a hotel and went from there--no plans, no expectations. It was fun. Although, in case anyone wonders, Navy Pier does not open up until 10am. We did not know this, however. So, we got downtown and parked at Navy Pier at 8am. So, now, what are we going to do for two hours?? Well, Beth decides we should just walk around. I was skeptical--it was cold!! The wind, of course, was strong and it was just downright cold! But we began walking. After we got past Navy Pier, the wind died down a bit and the sun began to shine. It was still cold, but at least it was bearable. At some point our fingers and toes began to "dethaw." Is that even a word? Well, we found a starbucks after about a half hour of walking, and to our surprise and happiness, it was OPEN!!! We went in and had some hot chocolate, and then sat in there for a little bit. Then we braved the cold again, and found a McDonald's and a Dunkin Donuts as we were walking along, both of which were also open. Pretty much NOTHING else was!



I fed a homeless man Sunday morning. He reminded me of some of the guys that Crossroads works with. He was wrapped up in a blanket and standing outside of McDonald's. I wanted some orange juice, so I just bought a meal, kept the OJ for myself and handed him the bag. All I could think of was that Scripture that talks about whatever we do to the least of these, we have done unto Christ. It felt good to be obedient. I think I would have felt awful if I hadn't given him the food. There was another guy, though trying to give us coupons for money--I did not give him money. There is no harm in giving someone food. And if he really wanted to eat, he would have just used his coupons for food, not try to get money for them. I did not feel bad for taking this course of action, however.



I go back to work tonight. I've been off for a while, it seems. The last time I worked was last Wednesday. I'm glad to be going back. I still like my job. I got employee of the month, which was rather exciting, except that someone keeps parking in my parking spot. Whenever I go in to work to park there, there is this same Nissan Pathfinder there. I want to know who that is. Was there some mistake--did they think that THEY were employee of the month? Really, though I don't care--I do find it amusing and wonder if I will ever get to park there. Kris pointed out though that it really is a terrible parking spot--it is kind of narrow and right next to a wall. Maybe I should be thankful the Nissan Pathfinder is parking there!

No comments:

Post a Comment