Friday, April 9, 2004

Well, I don't have the greatest story to tell about how great the kids were. Actually the story is about their bad behavior, but it sure is a cute story--at least I think so. I was at the computer, and Katherine had gone into the bathroom. I told her to get out of there-she informed me she needed to go potty. So, I told her to go and then shut the door. She came into the kitchen and I asked her if the door was shut so the others wouldn't go in there, and she went to look. So, I thought that was the end of the matter.



Well, after about 15 minutes of complete silence, I began to wonder what was going on. I knew it could not be something good that mommy would approve of. So, I start to get anxious because I think the kids might be in the bathroom. Sure enough, that is exactly where I found them. It is more than that though. Here is the picture-are you ready?



I go into the hallway and look into the bathroom. The water is running in the sink. Abbey is sitting on the floor, Katherine standing by the sink, and Kaleb on his knees UP ON THE SINK! Now, normally I would have been really frustrated and started yelling at them and getting them out of there. BUT...do you know what they were all 3 doing?? Ready? They all had a toothbrush in hand and were busy brushing their teeth! What mother could argue with that? It was kind of cute. It definitely helped me not to get so angry! I don't know who turned the water on--I can only guess it was Kaleb, as he was the one actually ON the sink!



Abbey is being quite busy right now. She's getting into things and just plain busy! She gets like that, especially when she is tired. I will put her down for bed soon. Katherine and Kaleb have been on the couch in the living room for about half an hour, watching Oliver and Company. After Kris got home I went to the library, picked up some videos, got some food for a pizza party with the kids and we had a nice dinner and now they get to watch their movie. It is nice and somewhat quiet here, aside from busy little Abbey, who is just playing and jabbering, so I don't mind it!



So, that is how I am wrapping up my evening and it is definitely better than I thought it would be. My attitude is even better, which I am sure is making the biggest difference! It's off to play canasta and RELAX!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment