Monday, April 26, 2004

I found out yesterday that Mrs. Keethler died. Wow. It's hard to bring all my thoughts together concerning this. What a sweet old lady. She was 95 years old, and had been married for over 70 years of her life. Can you imagine that? 70 years, the majority of your life, spent with someone you loved. My heart is so sad for Mr. Keethler. Talk about two people in love. What a testimony they were to Kris and I, and so many others of what a godly marriage should look like. They were unselfish, freely giving whatever they could for others. Dacia and I were talking about this last night. A couple Christmases ago, Mr. Keethler came up to Kris and I and gave us an envelope. He told us that each year he and Mrs. Keethler decide to give a gift to someone else, and one of them had chosen Kris and I. The other had chosen Dacia and Kyle. It wasn't just a gift for us. It was their gift to each other. In our envelope was $100 dollars. I know that I will never forget that example of love and selflessness. And I know I will never forget that couple that I would see at Dairy Queen, still having dates with one another. Holding hands, sweet as could be. From the time I met them, I told Kris over and over again that they are what I wanted to be. I want that kind of marriage, that kind of love and oneness with him. I know that it only comes from God and that Mr. and Mrs. Keethler lived life in such a way that you couldn't help but see God and feel his love and presence. Mrs. Keethler is with the Lord now, and how joyous that is for her. What will Mr. Keethler do now? How would you go on living a life that you had shared with another person for as long as you can remember? How do you continue to press on...what else is left to live for? May God bring him peace and comfort until the day He chooses to reunite them!

No comments:

Post a Comment