Saturday, April 24, 2004

It is slow tonight at work-not a complaint at all!! I like when it is slow, except that at times it can get boring. One can only play so much spider solitaire. Some dummies decided to keep downloading stuff so they have banned any type of online game-which we used to be able to play. Now the choices are minesweeper, regular solitaire, spider solitaire and some cheap version of pinball.



I want to quit my job. Is that bad? I just started again in December. Any advice? Here's the situation. I love my job. I like the people, I like the call center environment, I like the customers...I just plain like it. The downsides: the 20 minute drive back and forth (especially since I work until 11pm), not being home in the evenings two nights when Kris is actually home, being REQUIRED to work one weekend day (and Friday is not considered the weekend), and the time that the job takes away from my own time to myself and time with my family. The benefits, besides liking my job?? There is only one. The money. What a sad benefit. Why have I become so dependent upon this job just for the money? I mean, I like the work, but that is a whole lot easier to give up than the money. We have so much debt, and while Kris' new job is significantly higher pay, we are going to have more expenses. Health insurance is more expensive, we have no life insurance as of 4/10/04 so if anything happens to any of us we are basically screwed--so we need to purchase that, at least for Kris. Gas prices have gotten out of hand so we spend more there, and Kris' commute farther so we use more gas. If I stopped working-the extra gas he uses would be made up for in the fact that I wouldn't be commuting also. I know that working gives me a sense of satisfaction, accomplishment, and gives me adult conversation and a break from my real life, so that too would be difficult to give up.



But the benefits would be nice. We would have more time to devote to our family, more time to be involved in ministry, we could go back to counseling (although there would be another expense). Hmm...we could also do some camping this summer. As it is I work every Saturday night and they are all already closed through August, which means that if I wanted off some Saturday night, I can't take off.



How great it would feel to create a budget and then live off of it. Does anyone out there actually do this? We have a kind of budget. We know how much we need for all of our bills and we pay all of our bills and have money for groceries and diapers. I don't really think that is considered a budget.



There are my thoughts. I am kind of down tonight. I have felt incredibly tense the last week and can't figure out the source. Is it just satan, or have I put too much on myself??

No comments:

Post a Comment